Sunday, June 8, 2008

Ready for Snowshoe!

I called Snowshoe on opening day and asked what make/model bikes they'd rent a 6'5" guy. I went online and got the geometry of that bike and realized that I wanted something bigger than that. So I found a couple of Specialized BigHit's for sale locally. Bought them both and took the best parts of each to build a Snowshoe bike for me.

I started with thse two bikes:


and created this:


Here are the specs:
  • 2003 Specialized BigHit - Large
  • Frame has four-position adjustable shock mount offering 6.8 or 8.1 inches of plush FSR travel
  • Stock Fox Vanilla rear shock (8.75x2.75)
  • 2003 Marzocchi Monster T (mint condition)
  • SRAM X0 rear derailleur
  • SRAM X7 rear shifter
  • Stock Hayes Nine brakes and 203 rotors front and rear
  • Custom wheelset - Hadley hubs and Sun Intense Mag30 rims
  • Truvativ ISIS Gigapipe 4 bearing DH, 73mm shell, 118mm spindle, E-Type bottom bracket
  • Truvativ Holzfeller 7050, ISIS spline, 7050 alloy, 170mm cranks
  • e.13 SRS chainguide with 38t chainring and bashguard
Now I'm ready for Snowshoe in July!

No comments: