Monday, June 9, 2008

Out for a Spin

With the BigHit built up (and weighing in at 49.5 lbs), it was time to take it for a spin. There's nothing close by that would test this DH machine, so I decided to try the Morrisville creek jump again. It's easy to get to and will let me know how the bike will handle when it gets some air.

It's a very short pedal to get to the jump. During the little ride, I was overjoyed with how the suspension felt. The Monster T was incredibly plush - just stunning! I hit a couple of 2' drops-to-flat and it was like they weren't even there.

Here's some video of a few of the jumps:




I hit the same jump when I built up the Morewood. Note that I had a hard time keeping the nose down on the Morewood. No problem at all on the BigHit, thanks to the 12+ lbs. Monster T hanging off the front.



Only 6 weeks until Snowshoe!