Thursday, March 10, 2011

Niner Steps Up (Again)

Regarding the frame crack from last week, after contacting my trusted mechanic, he contacted Niner about my issue. Since there wasn't a Niner dealer in the immediate area, Niner called me directly to handle the warranty return. They paid shipping to and from the Niner shop. The Niner rep was very nice about the problem and the shipping was fast. Total turn-around time was 13 days from the time the old rear triangle left my house (on the East coast) to the time I received the replacement triangle (back from Niner on the West coast).



Since I do most of my own bike maintenance, I dismantled the RIP 9 myself, boxed up the broken frame part and shipped it out. I ordered new bearings for the pivots while I was at it. When I received the replacement parts, I made a jig in the wood shop to remove the old bearings from the linkages and installed the new ones.



Then re-assembled the bike. It's ready to ride once again - complete with fresh bearings. The rear suspension activates super smoothly, thanks to the new bearings.



So here's a huge Shout Out to Niner for once again standing behind their products.

No comments: