Sunday, February 1, 2009

Dry, Warm Weather Finally

For a nice change of pace, the wet, chilly East coast weather subsided for a few days. The trails are dry enough to ride and it's warm enough for shorts and only a single layer of shirts - well, it was toward mid-day.

I met a group of four guys this morning at a not-so-local trail system - Garner Recreational Park. It was my second single-track ride on the Niner RIP 9. Ah, what fun.

This trail was an excellent opportunity to get used to the new bike. These are some of the most varied trails in the area. Technical climbs, a few 2' drops, jumps, creek crossings, rooty descents and the ubiquitous log crossings.

Of course, the RIP 9 ate up the trail. The Niner is really more bike than I need for this area, but it's nice to know that I'm not pushing the bike too close to its limits. At 215 lbs., I really prefer a bike that feels stable no matter what I do to it.

Looks like tomorrow's weather will be a repeat of today. Yea! I just love a taste of Spring in the middle of Winter.

No comments: